The importance of proper maintenance:
- The air cooled VW’s manufactured in the 60’s & 70’s and Vanagons were designed to run on 91 min. octane fuel or more.
- Also keep your gas tank full.
- Condensation can build up on the walls of a near empty tank and get trapped inside, especially when setting still for months or years.
- The brake fluid should be replaced every 3 to 5 years. The brake fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere-causing corrosion internally. And we do have a lot here in the Northwest.
- Transmission fluid every 3 years or 30,000 to 40,000 miles both manual & automatic.